I attended this amazing event called the TFD series organized by two powerful and Inspiring women in Nigeria. Tara Fela Durotoye and Ibukun Awoshika
it was an amazing event and believe it or not, I took notes worth 5 pages. I had to stop when my hand started to ache and I couldn’t keep up any more.
Some things they said really impacted me like:
The first question she was asked was about building Capacity:
1) any woman has the capacity to do anything. We are all superwomen. You should never forget that.
2) Who you plan to get married to influences/changes a lot of things. A man funds you, but you have to pick him. Don’t pick a fool and don’t pick emotionally. You will have to submit to this person.
3) Every woman needs a good support system if they plan to juggle a lot of things (Career, children, etc)
4) Managing people is a necessary skill for everywoman. You need to know how to manage all kind of people, everywhere and every time.
5)You have a point to prove. People are always watching. Some watch because, they are jealous, some because they look up to you, some because they have invested in you.
6) You need to know what you want from your self in life. What’s your purpose in life. Do not go into any relationship without knowing why exactly you exist.
7) Be Dilligent : Put in your best and try to be the best wherever you find yourself even if that’s not where you want to be
8) D0nt get caught up in what anyone says about you. What you think of yourself matters a lot.
9) To do what you want to do, you need peace in your home.
10) Don’t get married cos someone wants yo marry you, but marry cos you want to and are ready to. There’s time for everything.
ill stop at 10, so that this doesn’t get too long..
So it was a question and answer session and we had questions pre-prepared for them before the event started and it was from these questions I got my notes.
Fun Facts: Both TFD and Mrs Awoshika have only male children and they have so much wisdom for women!!!
I’m just happy they started this initiative to empower Nigerian women as all the wisdom won’t go to the grave with them.
Let me know what you think about some of these points and follow TheTFD series on Instagram to know when the next event is. They also have some outside Lagos.